Friday, December 31, 2010
For the new year, I'm fixing some things....and no, I dont want to call this a resolution....why?....because I have never seen one person fulfill their resolution....they just dont work! (hey, I'm being honest...)
"I Don't do newyears resolutions! I have SOLUTIONS 4 last years problems cause u will face them again. Live n learn baby. Then u learn 2 live! -Deion Sanders"
I'm feeling Mr. Sander's statement...and lately I have been overwhelmingly motivated to make changes like never before.
I want to be better, all around & let me tell ya something, this new-found motivation is a force to be reckoned with! Just watch me work in 2011!
PS. Sorry Reverb10....I got to Atlanta with my family for the holidays and I totally neglected everything that has anything to do with the internet! Anywho.......
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Sunday, December 19, 2010
What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Author: Jake Nickell)
To be very vague on this topic...I should have let go of a certain situation in my life before I allowed myself to get tangled up in confusion, the past, & crazy people! Damn that heart...always getting in the way of those intelligent thoughts my brain comes up with! :)
no regrets though. never a failure, always a lesson....
Dec. 17 Lesson Learned
What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?
I've learned that I am a very mild-mannered respectful individual w/ alot of self-control....to everyone. I know that doesn't seem like much but you'd be surprised how many people don't know how to control themselves...how many people are stuck in their ways and dont know how to adapt their personalities to different situations. I'm just glad I know how to compose myself.
Dec 18th Try
What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did/didnt go for it?
Next year I want to go to school...its actually something I wanted to do this year but I found myself complacent in the life I was living (aka lazy!!!) But I wasn't to upset with myself because it was just another year I got experience in a hospital working....not a total lost!
Dec 19th Healing
What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip by drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?
*deep breathe* okkkayyy lets see........ *after 10 min of thought*
This year, I don't think there was one event that actually "healed" me...To say "healed", I believe that I would have been broken in some way beforehand. I look at this past year more as a growing experience....one that took me from a more child-like irresponsible life to living an self-sufficient kind of life! (grown baby!)
Thursday, December 16, 2010
How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)
One of my besties has had a worldspin of a year and watching her go through so many ups & downs has taught me alot about this world & myself....
(with respect to her business, i wont go into too much detail....)
but she has dealt with certain things from racism at work to a pregnancy w/ twins w/ drama attached....
I went from listening to her having daily emotional breakdowns on the phone to the point where she realized she had to get it together (for herself and her children)...
She started to prioritize all the things and people that truly mattered. She turned her whole attitude around...fought for her happiness. She made me realize that things might not always go as expected but "hope" and "faith" can take you a long way and you gotta be positive...even when the world is telling you you have no reason to be.
I have been trying to take a page out of her book by ignoring the madness of the world and just being thankful for what I have & positive no matter what the issue is....the process is gradual but it feels good to just be happy.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)
Alrighty! This should be fun! ***sets clock for 5 min**
-quiet mornings on the beach looking in the sky (still can't believe I live 5 min from the beach)
-spring break with mo, shirnelle, b, and me! good times
-both weddings this summer
-finding out one of my close friends was really pregnant! (WOW!)
-watching my bro win his championship game! MAC champs 2010! I saw him screaming his lungs out on ESPN!!
-my first baby code, & twin C-section at work...talk about sweating and high heart rates...wooo!
-Southbeach Miami with Maya....
-wedding dress shopping with my coworkers (1st time I actually went out during the day to hang with people....sad I know!)
-dying my own hair....and still having a head full when I was done. lol
-my many trips to ATL
-Orlando getaway with B
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it? (Author: Victoria Klein)
When I was younger, my addiction was tv...A teen, my addiction was hanging out with friends...college student, my addiction was freedom....
now even though I love my family a hell of alot, it seems that I have always put other things before them when deep inside, they are truly the center of my world.
I guess I never noticed how much I appreciated them until I got out here on my own. (Sounds like some stuff my mom said to me during a argument in my teens lol)
People are so fair-weathered nowadays....full of disappointment, hate, & ulterior motives. Finding genuine people to become an addition to your life is difficult.
What it all boils down to for me is family is everything. They are the ONLY people that are ALWAYS there for me. I don't have to worry about acceptance, I don't have to worry about being thrown under the bus, or deceit & lies from them, they always have good intentions for me....and for that I am thankful.
Monday, December 13, 2010
December 13 – Action
When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)
In 2011, I will be entering a pharmacy school in the southern region of the states. Working my first job has been an experience but I'm ready to continue on my educational journey. I will be signing up for a Physics 2 course first and after that, I'll be done with all my pre-reqs & prepared to enter the pharmacy school of my choice.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
1. Negativity.....some people in life are so depressed and unsatisfied with their lives that they cant help but to be sour pusses!! Misery LOVES company... I for one am tired of it....in 2011, if you cant be positive when you're around me....there will be immediate distancing. Life is too short to be upset all the the time.
2. Large consumption of Alcohol..... I drank a lot this year, margaritas at every restaurant, shots at every club, wine just because....money lost and weight gained. There will definitely be a cut back! Water and I will become best buds!
3. Pity Parties.... I fall victim sometimes....allowing myself to feel sorry for myself....instead of solving my issue and moving on. This I will work on...no specific plan but to just do it....
4. Weight Gain.... In 2010 alone, I have had such an up & down merry go round of weight issues....and I know it cant be healthy... I gotta take control and fix this. Eating better, regular exercise, & self-control.
5. Shit Talking.... yea its fun & gets a laugh in but it causes nothing but trouble in the long run...aint nothing to it but to do it....
6. Laziness.... I can be very content with sitting in one spot for days at a time...I have to be cautious to not become lazy. There are many things I want to accomplish within the next few years and laziness will be the death of my dreams...so there is no room for it!
(sidenote....this blog is sooo difficult, Im sleepy, I was tired around #3 and I'm running outta juice....gotta PRESS ON though! lol)
7. Relationship drama..... love is real, and when the love between two people starts to have trials and tribulations....it takes a large toll on my entire life. One bad argument can ruin a day...daily tough times can ruin a summer (trust I know)...and I just don't want to have to deal with many things that I chose to deal with in the past. No more getting caught up in mess.
8. Take out dinner/ fast food.... another contributor to my weight fluctuations....my goal to myself is to cook more (even though I hate it!)...I will learn to love it and stop giving fast food restaurants all my money.
9. Sentra....*fingers crossed* 9 yrs ago....I was given the best gift I could ever ask for. A whip! lol Ever since, me and that Sentra have been roaddogs...always there for each other...but shes tired now and its time. God willing, Ill be retiring her and picking up a new SUV.
10. Stress.... its so much easier not to worry.
11. Loner"ism" (made up my own word).... I can be a loner easily...I don't require attention from others, I don't need to talk to anyone....but I want to change that. I want to become more open to going out and meeting new people.
To be honest, this exercise for me was difficult because I couldn't really think of too many things I wanted to get rid of...I like my life, but if I can cut back on the things I named, my overall happiness level would go up a few notches! :)
Friday, December 10, 2010
2. Yesterday I bought some new glasses that I fell in love with...I hope I still love them the same when I actually get them back.
3. Today I will hopefully get some rest before I go into work tonight.
4. Tomorrow I will probably sleep all day....I work all weekend so I'll be sleeping all day & working all night for the next few days.
5. Maybe I shouldn't worry about what other people think so much....I am a much happier person when I don't give a f***..(just an observation)...
6. Someday I will have the relationship I want with my family, I will have my own stable immediate family, I will be fully happy w/ myself and I'll have everything I ever wanted....true happiness.
7. I love when I meet genuinely good people. It's sooo many evil monsters out here!
I think the wisest decision I made this year was to move to South Florida for my first job after graduating college. It hasn't been a easy year for me but it has definitely been beneficial in me growing up.
See, I have ALWAYS been a spoiled brat....never had to work for anything, never had to want for anything. I thank my parents for working extra hard and making growing up for me a breeze...but with all that "spoiled"ness"' I also didn't know how to do simple things that everyone else knew how to do (ie. pump gas, handle business in a bank, write a check, fill out papers at a doctors office).....little things that most don't think twice about, I was clueless to...
I could have easily graduated college, moved back home, got a job and continued to live the spoiled life (which was the option my mother preferred) but I chose to venture out; go to a new city all alone and try this grown up thing...
I can now say, I am truly independent.
And while I might make mistakes sometimes.....I do everything on my own, I pay for all my expenses with no help, and I'm doing a okay job at it all.
I'm proud of myself. I feel free.
EDIT:: OBSERVATION:::...Reasons why blogging at 3am is NOT GOOD!!----Although this is a good blog, I moved down to S Fla at the end of 2009....which means it doesn't count...to bad I don't feel like re-typing it lol (So well just keep it how it is....don't tell anyone :) )
Thursday, December 9, 2010
What is Reverb 10??
Well, some cool kids came up with a way to reflect upon your year by writing daily notes on different topics/prompts...don't really feel like going deeper than that so check out the website!
So I guess I'll come in on Day 9- Party....
December 9 – Party Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author: Shauna Reid)